Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 3 Update

This week not too much has happened to be honest. I drew a few more shirts, posted them, and drew a pair of sweatpants (which is an outlet we are also thinking of pursuing as well) but that was practically it. We came to an agreement on the logo (which Arslan posted and I probably will right after this is up) which we decided should, also, be some cultural symbol. I stumbled across some symbols called the Adinkra symbols a while back, before the project, and thought that I could choose one to be the logo. The specific one we chose is called, “The Knot of Reconciliation” (#29 on this list). It represents a bond between two parties (us and the customer) and we are then in a mutually beneficial relationship. 

Another thing that happened just today was I began reaching out to a couple people who are already in the t-shirt business or were in the past. I recently began listening and reading up on a guy name Tai Lopez, a self made millionaire who preaches the importance of utilizing your currently established network. He’s had a TedX Talk and had some pretty interesting things to say. To follow this man’s advice, I scheduled a meeting during IE with Aayush Sanghrajka (I’m very sure you know him) so Arslan and I can get some advice from him on the future of the business. Beyond Aayush, my dad mentioned to me that he knows a guy that is already in the business and would be willing to meet up with me or Arslan and I and give us some advice. 
These people could turn us onto new people, new places to sell, a broader audience, a better advertiser, or a better method of producing the product. All of these would help, and no advice can hurt. To follow faulty advice would hurt. On top of these things, I read a couple articles about the importance of culture in our lives and how geometry plays a role into the design of clothes and architecture on Islamic art. I had some prior background knowledge, so nothing was too surprising. My readers, on the other hand, haven’t, and so I hoped to enlighten them on this little piece of knowledge. 


In the next week, we will place our first order of shirts, a test run, just to see what they’ll be like and why we’ll wear to the Talk which is 15 days away. Wish us luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment