Thursday, March 26, 2015

Presentation Reflection (Final Blog Post)

I wanted to make my presentation honest. This was my ultimate goal for presenting and I didn't want any parts of it to seem blown up or try and make it seem like it was more than it was. I could have come out and said, "Oh, I'm going to change the world and end all hatred," and stuff like that, but its simply not true. So to purge my presentation of this, I wanted to make it unscripted. By unscripted I mean I didn't want to have a hard copy of what I was going to say so that I wouldn't be tempted to read off of cards, and so I could change what I could say each time. Also it eliminates forgetting my lines because there were no lines to remember.  

Another thing I wanted to do was use some of the talking and speaking techniques that I have learned from my dad. Enunciation and using the stage were the main two. I made it a goal to move my lips and use a loud and clear voice when presenting. I also tried to walk up and down the area that we got to fully get a feel for the stage and to get into what I was talking about more. Speaking with my hands and utilizing hand gestures keeps the crowd’s attention, and so that was also something I tried to do. 

Overall, I think that the presentation went pretty well. I didn’t stammer, the crowd giggled a couple of times, and I didn’t sugar coat any of my work so I think I did what i had to do. Now I think that the project well very well too. I already mentioned my original business plan and talked about how that one was wrong, and so I’m glad I realized that I needed to take my time and do it right. I can’t bs this project because I’m not doing it for you. I’m doing this project for me and so I can make something that I’m proud and can spread my message and what I think is important. 

I made good progress and I intend to continue making progress, changing and morphing along the way. Me and Arslan could go on to do big things, as long as we plan right, take the right advice, and make the correct moves. All of our planning and work should be seen and will be able to be bought in the next months or even weeks. So, check us out when we drop (winky face + gun finger + outdo music). 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mohammed. I loved your presentation. I was very impressed by the fact that you improvised your speech... I was telling a lot of my friends that you'd done that and no one believed me! Also, I will be sure to catch you when you drop. Good work!

    ReplyDelete