Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pre-Project Blog (Week 1)


I’m not going to lie, this whole T-shirt idea could go one of two ways, either up or down. The up is we sell a lot of shirts and expand. We start to design more shirts and are able to include more people, we get big in the area, and we just move up from there. The down is we design shirts that are liked by few people and are only bought in small quantities. Then the business dies and we are left with nothing to learn from and no way of rebounding. The second one is a natural fear that should pass when the first shirt is sold.

But despite that, both scenarios are in pursuit of common goals. They both chase the measurable goals of having our own products of quality, development of a spirit that is hungry for sales, production of sales, not even profits, and collaboration as well as utilization of the existing network of people around us. I think that the most important one on this list is the last and the first. The first because it shows that we were working for the 5 weeks that we have, and the last because it really is one of the ultimate tests of our progress in life and our entrepreneurial abilities. Networking is important in life, and to be able to prove this at our presentation by showing its role in the end product, I feel like we will then be seen as real business men.

I learned networking’s importance from my father from a young age, indirectly, but I learned it nonetheless. We will be able to see our progress by the number of friends we make or use to help the business. Our success can be measured in the amount of profits that we make. We will be able to see the progress in the increase in creativity of our shirts. For example, the first shirts we make may be simple and rather bland, but then the shirts we release will be better crafted, including maybe the use of more colors or more detailed designs, or maybe just a better quality material was used than the first order of shirts. But this is all in the weeks ahead, and only our efforts and time will tell what profits we reap.

P.S. I just realized that I’m not doing this for the grade, I’m doing this because I want to and because it will help me. And isn’t that truly what these projects are for?

4 comments:

  1. I think that your motivation is very strong for your project. You seemed sincerely fascinated about the t-shirt designs, and you have a reliable business plan. Also, the fact that you are doing the project not for the grade but solely your passion for it will probably benefit you during the project. One suggestion is to get more people involved in your project or take some surveys seeing what the consumers want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your idea, but I'm afraid that survey's may take away from the originality and diversity that we are chasing after. If too many outside forces influence the designs, it has the potential to lower the quality of the shirts.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of doing a shirt company. Also, the designs are on point. One of the main problems that I have is: is this realistic? How will you be able to make shirts as complicated as these and make a profit within a month? If you do get these shirts produced, it looks like they may be a bit pricey. Plus, how will you measure your progress? With sales?
    Really creative idea, though. From past experience, though, in order to be successful, you have to have some sort of buzz going around on social media. Get shoutouts and reposts. They will help in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my last post I brought up the idea that the project may not be about selling the shirts, due to time, and instead will be about the set up of the company. The things that happen behind the scenes are more important and I think that it would be foolish to rush it for the project. I'll take my time with this and really make it a solid company.

      Delete